KORE Platform Privacy Notice: Porthos LATAM
Effective: May 10, 2018
Updated: June 25, 2018
"KORE" means KORE Wireless Group, Inc., including its wholly-owned subsidiaries that are incorporated in any state or territory of the United States; KORE Telematics Inc., RACO Wireless LLC, Wyless Inc., Wyless Connect LLC, and Position Logic LLC.
What This Policy Covers
This Policy only applies to the personal data we collect through our KORE website and does not apply to information collected by or in connection with your use of our portfolio of products. To access our privacy policies relating to KORE products or services, visit our “If You Use Our KORE Products” Section.
Information We Collect
When you visit our KORE website, we collect anonymous information and we may collect or ask you to provide certain information, in order to help us better serve you. KORE does not collect personal information from you unless you provide it to us. This information, including the anonymous information, may include:
- Clickstream information, that is not personally identifiable, such as such as type of Internet browser and computer operating system used; domain name of the website from which you linked; number of visits; average time spent; pages viewed
- Contact details, such as name, email address, mailing address
- Information you provide us to receive technical assistance or during any live customer service interactions
- KORE data & information related to how you use any of our KORE Products
How We Use Your Data
By providing personal information to KORE, you acknowledge that you express consent to our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information pursuant to this Policy.
KORE may use your data to:
- Measure the use of our website and improve its content
- Provide you with a personalized experience on the KORE website, readily tailor information to your needs, bypass gated content forms, apply information gathered to personalize content on individual pages and gather information about how the site is being utilized to develop a better experience
- Subscribe you to receive our KORE email newsletter, blog or confirm event attendance
- Provide you with additional information about one of our KORE Products
- Provide you with technical, customer and account support
- Communication of corporate news, product developments and updates
- Allow you to apply for a job with KORE
- Verify your identity and entitlement to KORE products or services, when you contact us or access our services
- Enforce our legal rights or comply with legal requirements
- We may store your personal information and comments for future use and reference in order to maintain an appropriate record of our relationship with you.
In addition to the purposes listed above, we may use your data to provide you with advertisements, promotions and information about products and services tailored to you and your needs. This is in compliance with applicable consent requirements. If you do not want us to use Your Data in this way, you can choose to not give your permission on the webpages and/or forms with which we collect Your Data. This will include un-checking a box on the webpages and/or forms or by unsubscribing at any time from promotional emails.
If you have subscribed to receive a company newsletter or any other type of communication from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name removed from our distribution lists via firstname.lastname@example.org
Tracking Technologies and Do-Not-Track Cookies
- A cookie is a commonly used automated data collection tool. Cookies are small text files that are stored by the browser on your computer or mobile phone. They allow websites to store things like user preferences. You can think of cookies as providing a “memory” for the website, so that it can recognize you when you come back and respond accordingly
- On the KORE Website, the Cookies generated by our site may be used to:
- Personalize the experience the website offers
- More readily tailor information to your needs
- We may use these cookies to bypass gated content forms
- Apply information gathered to personalize content on individual pages
- Gather information about how the site is being utilized to develop a better experience
- If you do not wish to receive cookies, the Help feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
- Additionally, you can disable or delete similar data used by browser add-ons, such as Flash cookies, by changing the add-on’s settings or visiting the Web site of its manufacturer
- If you wish to further prevent tracking of your online activity, you can set a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (DNT) signal.
- Please be aware that our websites may not recognize or take action in response to DNT signals from your web browser. At present time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected. However, should a final standard be established, we will assess how to appropriately respond to these signals.
How We Disclose Your Data
KORE will not sell or provide your personal information to any other party, unless you provide us with explicit permission to do so or unless we are compelled by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to law or to legal process served on KORE.
- KORE may share any of your personal information with its corporate affiliates or external suppliers, but only to fulfill the purposes of use as described above.
- Service Providers Processing Data on KORE’s Behalf
- We may use contractors and service providers to process Your Data on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. We contractually require service providers to keep information secure and confidential and we do not allow our data processes to disclose Your Data to others without our authorization, or to use it for their own purposes. However, should you have an independent relationship with any of these service providers, their privacy statements will apply.
- Law Enforcement
- In certain instances, it may be necessary for KORE to disclose Your Data to government officials or otherwise as required by applicable law. No personal data will be disclosed to any law enforcement agency or governmental agency except in response to:
- A subpoena, warrant or other process issues by a court of competent jurisdiction
- A legal process having the same consequence as a court-issued request for information, in that if KORE were to refuse to provide such information, it would be in breach of a local law, and it or its officers, executives or employees would be subject to liability for failing to honor such legal process
- Where such disclosure is necessary for KORE to enforce its legal rights pursuant to the laws of the jurisdiction from which such information was gathered
- A request for information with the purpose of identifying and/or preventing credit card fraud
- Where such disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent thread of bodily harm to the data subject
- Global Data Transfers
- KORE is a global company, processing information in many countries. To conduct our business, and in accordance with this Policy, your data may be transferred to our approved partners, service providers, contractors, KORE Global Locations & Global Data Centers, or to subsidiaries of KORE, all of which may be located in countries around the world. We will take steps to ensure the necessary level of protection is in place for these transfers, and all transfers will occur in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- As we continue to develop & expand our business, we may acquire subsidiaries or other business entities. As a result of such transactions, and for the purpose of maintaining a continued relationship with you, we may transfer Your Data to a related affiliate. If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, Your Data may be transferred as part of that deal; we will notify you of any such deal and outline your choices.
EU-US Privacy Shield Framework
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, KORE commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact KORE at: email@example.com
KORE has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning personal data transferred from the EU.
As part of our commitment to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, KORE:
- recognize the right for a data subject to access information held
- recognize the right of a data subject to request independent dispute resolution via an EU Data Protection Authority (DPA)
- recognize the right of a data subject to invoke binding arbitration for resolution of complaints via the Privacy Shield panel
- disclose we are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)
- disclose that data subject data may be provided to third parties for service processing
- retain full liability in cases of onward data transfer to third parties as detailed above
How We Protect Your Data
We have taken all appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect Your Data from misuse, unauthorized or unlawful access or disclosure, loss, alteration, damage or destruction. These measures include:
- Personally identifiable information is stored behind a firewall and is not publicly accessible
- The use of encryption, monitoring and endpoint protection software is used on all of our systems & within our global data centers
- Physical safeguards in relation to the storage of your data, including controlled access to our facilities, controlled access to Your Data and secure destruction of media containing Your Data
- Organizational training & awareness programs are provided to all KORE employees to understand the importance & means by which they must protect Your Data
- Our site is not directed to, nor do we knowingly collect information from any children under the age of 13
Managing Your Data
KORE will retain Your Data for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We also retain and use Your Data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. We store Your Data for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which we collect it.
Should you have any questions or concerns about your privacy, or if you would like to verify Your Data that we have received, remove the data, and/or make corrections to the data, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding your Information, you have the following rights:
- Right to be Informed
- Right of Access
- Right to Correct or Verify
- Right to Erasure
- Right to Restrict Processing
- Right to Data Portability
- Right to Object to Processing
- Right to Withdraw Consent
Changes to this Policy
KORE reserves the right to revise or modify this Policy. In such event, we will post a notice on this website prior to the change becoming effective and, if the changes would have an effect on Your Data, we will either notify you or provide you with an opportunity to opt-out.
If You Use Our KORE Products – Platform Privacy Notices
If you use any of our KORE Products, they are governed by their own privacy notices. These privacy notices are available within the KORE Product and can also be accessed via this link.